- This event has passed.
CA·US·E for Feet – Footnotes from an Assessment Perspective
September 21 @ 2:00 pm - 3:30 pm UTC-5
CA·US·E for Feet
FOOTNOTES FROM AN ASSESSMENT PERSPECTIVE – 1 HOUR CE CREDIT
Monday, September 21, 2:00 pm to 3:30 pm, Eastern Time
Barb is an RN, holds a Masters of Nursing and is a Nurse Practitioner. Shes is a fascinating and highly informative speaker whose dynamic presentation style makes learning enjoyable. She provides a wealth of clinical information that can be applied to everyday practice by foot care specialists.
Barb has provided more than 2800 continuing education seminars on topics pertaining to patho-physiology, physical assessment, nutrition, and pharmacology to health care professionals throughout the United States and Canada. She will dial down how assessment is the key to recognizing conditions of the feet so that correct referrals can be made by the salon professional.
- How to differentiate the signs and symptoms of PAD from the signs and symptoms of neuropathy.
- How vitamins, mineral, or heavy metal excesses or deficiencies that cause distal peripheral neuropathy, drugs, diabetes, and autoimmune disorders.
- Guillain-Barre syndrome and Lou Gehrig’s disease can also present in the distal limbs and should be recognized early.
- Peripheral arterial disease (PAD) is common as we age.
- The student will understand the importance of symmetrical pulses, color, warmth, and testing for touch and proprioception of the feet.
- The student will be able to differentiate peripheral neuropathy from peripheral vascular disease.
- The student will be able to list the myriad of causes of neuropathy and to recognize systemic manifestations of the common neuropathies.
Questions and answers will follow the talk.
To enroll in this online class, add it to your cart and then view the cart and proceed through checkout. You will be emailed a Zoom invitation with a pass code. (Please do not share or publish your Pass Code).
This program will be recorded and available for your review for 48 hours afterward.
Note from our Continuing Education Partner: Continuing education credit is provided through The Chicago Cosmetologists Association, Inc., an approved sponsor of continuing education by the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation (license #190-000101). CCA educators and events are subject to change without notice.